A cordless hammer drill is something that everyone used from time to time. The DeWalt DCD985 gives you the capability of a much larger and heavier drill while not charging you the earth for the benefit. The design, the power and the general feel make this one stand out from the rest. When you combine a 3-speed transmission, 3 drilling modes AND a 22 position clutch, there’s nothing I can think of that this drill wouldn’t tackle, given the 20 volt MAX lithium-ion power plant.
The DeWalt DCD985 features a powerful motor that delivers up to 535 unit watts out of max power for great performance in drilling and fastening applications. Its variable-speed design provides up to 34,000 BPM and 2,000 RPM for tough hammer-drilling tasks and the 3-speed, all-metal transmission matches the tool to the task at hand for fast application speed and improved run time. This drill comes supplied with a kit box, 360° side handle, fast charger and two 20-Volt batteries for added value and convenience.
- High-power, high-efficiency motor delivers 535 unit watts out of max power for great performance in drilling and fastening applications
- Heavy-duty 1/2 in. metal ratcheting chuck with carbide inserts provides bit-gripping strength
- Provides up to 34,000 BPM and 2,000 RPM for tough hammer-drilling tasks
- 3-speed, all-metal transmission matches the tool to the task at hand for fast application speed and improved run time
- 360° side handle for comfort and control even in awkward positions
- LED with a 20-second delay after trigger release
- Clutch offers 22 torque positions for versatility
- All-metal gear case for strength and durability
- Batteries are lithium ion 3ah
- Charger included
- Maximum RPM is 2000
- 1\2 inch keyless chuck
- Variable speed trigger
- Product weighs6lb
Pros and Cons
The pros by far outweigh the cons with the DeWalt DCD985, its cost and performance means it is a fantastic drill for every day use for both a professional tradesmen and DIY enthusiasts alike.
The drill is more than capable of performing every day under fairly hard conditions.
The only negative I could find is that with the enhanced performance comes a little more weight than some competitors but if I am honest it isn’t all that heavy, just me being picky!
The DeWalt DCD985 has a solid feel and a grip that fits comfortably in the hand. It is very important for a drill to feel like an extension of your arm, and this drill gives you just that. When you consider all of the technical specification and stand it against the competitors, In my opinion a definite market leader!